CRAFT: a special art or skill.
HOBBY: something you like to do in your spare time.
One item per section.
Bring a descriptive list to collect your items.
Exhibits in sections 1-54 must be new work of the exhibitor and not previously shown.
If a description is required use a 3"x5" index card.
All pictures, hangings, etc. must be wired to hang.
Collections, Nostalgia and Antique sections open to AMATEURS ONLY - no professional dealers.
BEST IN SHOW (sec 1-54): $30 donated by Kindred Spirits Artisans of Paris.
Prizes: 1st: $6, 2nd: $4, 3rd: $3
1. Handmade article (example: tatting, smocking, cutwork, counted thread).
2. Ceramics, 1 piece, kiln glazed.
3. Ceramics, 1 piece, hand painted.
4. Clay pottery, 1 piece, handmade.
5. A piece of fibre art, felting.
6. An article of macrame.
7. Jewellery, handmade piece or set.
8. Hand woven piece for household use.
9. Hand woven piece any other item.
BEST CRAFT (sec 1-9): $30 donated by Mary Maxim Ltd., Paris.
10. Rug hooking, latchet.
11. Rug hooking, traditional, fine cut.
12. Rug hooking, traditional, wide cut.
BEST TRADITIONAL HOOKING (sec 11 & 12): $25 donated by JJ Ruggers, Paris.
Include a description of material and technique written on index card.
13. Garden art, using recycled material.
14. Recycled metal, functional or decorative.
15. Recycled glass, functional or decorative.
16. Recycled china, functional or decorative.
17. Recycled fabric, functional or decorative (not a quilt).
BEST RECYCLING (sec 13-17): $30 donated by Kindred Spirits Artisans of Paris.
One page, mounted with 1" border
18. Adult colouring page, birds/butterflies.
19. Adult colouring page, structures.
20. Adult colouring page, myths/legends.
21. Adult colouring page, any other theme.
Mounted or Framed
22. A picture using Diamond Dot technique.
23. A picture painted with paint by number, instructions attached.
BEST COLOURING & PAINTING (sec 18-23): $30 donated by Kindred Spirits Artisans of Paris.
No envelopes, no stamping in sec 24-31, no tape, paperclip entry tag to the card.
Card size: 6" to 8" in height only.
24. A Special Birthday card for a significant year.
25. Card using 3D technique.
26. Birthday card (first time exhibitor only).
27. Thank You card.
28. Get Well card.
29. Mother's Day card.
30. Hand coloured note card.
31. Pop-up card.
HANDMADE STAMPED CARDS
32. Masculine Birthday card.
33. Four gift tags, mounted on 8 1/2"x11" sheet.
34. Thank You card.
BEST CARD (sec 24-34): $30 donated by Kindred Spirits Artisans of Paris.
mounted on 8"x10" sheet with 1" border
Write the following quote:
"It's tough to climb the ladder of success,
especially if you're trying to keep,
your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel,
your eye on the ball, and your ear to the ground."
35. Cursive written quote (above), mounted on 8"x10" sheet with 1" border.
36. Cursive written piece, mounted on 8"x10" sheet with 1" border
37. Calligraphy piece, mounted on 8"x10" sheet with 1" border.
BEST PENMANSHIP (sec 35-37): $30 donated by Kindred Spirits Artisans of Paris.
38. Christmas door decoration (ready to hang).
39. Christmas stocking, any medium (eg, knitted, quilted).
40. Christmas tree ornament (ready to hang).
41. Christmas table runner.
42. Table decoration, Thanksgiving theme.
43. Autumn wreath.
44. Craft using pumpkin/gourd, decorated.
45. Any craft using a heart shape.
46. Small gift box, artistically wrapped.
47. Handmade Valentine card, mounted.
48. Handmade stepping stone.
49. Handcrafted birdhouse/feeder.
50. Collection of 3 painted rocks.
BEST SEASONS (sec 38-50): $30 in memory of Muriel McCullough donated by Cheryl Muir.
51. Wood, article made of repurposed barn board.
52. Wood, hand carving.
53. Wooden cane or walking stick.
54. Wood lathe item.
BEST WOODWORKING: $50 Gift Card donated by Home Building Centre, Paris.
EXHIBITS IN SECTIONS 55-81 MUST BE OWNED BY THE EXHIBITOR AND NOT PREVIOUSLY EXHIBITED
Securely display items on a flat surface no larger than 15"x15".
55. Display of Shoe Horns (can be up to 15"x24")
56. Display of old keys, mounted.
57. Display of 3 Canning Jars with lids.
58. Display of neckties.
59. Display of letter openers.
60. Display of belt buckles.
61. Display of coasters.
62. Display of bookmarks.
BEST COLLECTION (sec 55-62): $25 donated by PAS Homecraft Division.
Approximately 40-50 years old - NOT ANTIQUES
63. Farm Work picture framed or mounted.
64. Candle snuffer.
65. Team picture, dated & mounted.
66. Board game in original box.
67. Miniature China tea set.
68. Metal coin bank.
69. Tobacco tin.
70. Clothes pattern in original package.
71. Pair of candle holders.
BEST NOSTALGIA (sec 63-71): $30 donated by Jerry McAughey, Paris.
Attach if available a historical note giving approximate age, anecdote, etc.
neatly written on an index card for display with entry.
l Antiques are to be at least 75 years old.
l Articles should be from family of exhibitor.
l Exhibitor tag must be security fastened before display.
l Articles will be removed from the display area by C&H members only.
NOTE: All entries are exhibited at the owner's risk.
72. School class room picture, framed or mounted.
73. Cake Plate.
74. Royalty Souvenir.
75. Wedding picture, framed or mounted.
76. Silver casserole holder.
77. Embellished pillowcases (pair).
78. Antique vehicle picture, framed or mounted.
79. Linen item for bedroom (dresser scarf, towel, doily).
80. Hand saw.
81. Stump the judge, mystery item no larger than 20"x20" (please include note to identify).
BEST ANTIQUE (sec 72-81): $30 donated by Jerry McAughey, Paris.