Enter the 2021 Paris Fair Ambassador Competition
Representing the Paris Agricultural Society as the Paris Fair Ambassador is a great honour and tradition. 2021 marks the 56th anniversary of the competition. Our goal is to provide young adults opportunities to build skills, become involved in their community, and make friendships that last a lifetime.
Contestants must meet the following criteria:
• 17 years of age as of August, 1st 2021, and not be 24 years of age by August, 1st 2021
• Has not previously reigned as Ambassador of any fair
• Be available to represent the Paris Agricultural Society for the duration of the 2021 Paris Fair and at various events for one year commencing Labour Day weekend 2021
• Be available to represent the Paris Agricultural society at the Canadian National Exhibition from August 2022
• Have a Sponsoring Organization (a non-profit community organization), to provide the $50 entry fee. The contestant may contact an organization of their choice or the Paris Fair Ambassador Committee can obtain one on your behalf.
The Competition includes:
- A Written resume
- An Interview with a panel of 3 judges (10 minutes)
- A prepared speech (3 to 4 minutes)
- An impromptu question
- A YouTube video about your Sponsoring Organization (maximum 2 minutes)
The video will feature the sponsoring organization (the role and services it provides to the community). Each contestant will be assisted in the preparation of their video. The format will include
- An introduction
- Key Features about your sponsoring organization
- A closing
A member of the Paris Fair Ambassador Committee will work with you to record the video if you need it. So don’t worry…assistance will be available to make it great-please reach out and let Valerie or Melissa know if you need any assistance! The YouTube video will be featured prior to and during the Paris Fair. Your Youtube video is to be submitted to Melissa Howell via Dropbox, Google Drive, USB, or
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, August 31st, 2021
All judging for the competition takes place at the Paris fair on the Thursday leading into Labour Day weekend. The Paris Fair Ambassador will be required to represent the Paris Agricultural Society at various events for one year commencing Labour Day weekend. Each contestant will be assigned a mentor from the Paris Fair Ambassador Committee, who will be available to help prepare for the competition.